When it comes to the music business, Don Passman has seen it all — and written the book on it. Due to 40 years of accomplishments, clout and clients — which currently include Taylor Swift, Paul Simon, Adele and Stevie Wonder — Passman has landed on Billboard’s Power 100 list the past two years. But in most circles the attorney is best known for his seminal tome All You Need to Know About the Music Business, a detailed handbook made palatable and engaging through anecdotes and humor, which will be rereleased for its 10th edition on Nov. 2. (The first edition was published in 1991.)
- Can you guys please recommend a book that made you cry?
- Chris Bosh’s Favorite Basketball Writers? Kobe Bryant Makes the List.
- Who Really Wrote Your Favorite Song? It’s Complicated
- Revised Book Explains the Business of the Music Business
- Kanye West’s Record Deal Is Standard. That Doesn’t Mean the Record Industry Is Fair